Labor headlines from the February 16, 2001, edition
of the Northwest Labor Press
- U.S. sawmill jobs at stake in
battle over Canadian lumber
- April Fools Day 2001 could signify the beginning of the end for tens of thousands of U.S. sawmill jobs, millworker union leaders say, if a U.S.-Canadian trade agreement signed in 1996 is not extended.
- AFL-CIO Nurses win organizing
drive at Kaiser
- Oregon's biggest union organizing win in over a year came about Jan. 24 - without so much as an election.
- Multnomah County sets up mortgage
aid for union employees
- More than 4,000 employees of Multnomah County are eligible to apply for an affordable home mortgage program sponsored in part by the AFL-CIO.
Subscribe |Home Page
| About Us | Advertising |
Labor News | Newsletter
Plus | Opinions
| Hot Links | Archives